Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Parable of the Fresca

For a while Fresca was my drink of choice.  I would treat myself to soda either when I felt like celebrating or when I had a hard day.  I joked about a particularly bad weekend (to say the least) and how I drank a case of Fresca by myself.  It was in sacrament meeting that I realized Fresca was a symbol of all the way and places we unsuccessfully "turn for peace."   The "world" as they say has many aisles of sodas but none can truly satisfy a wounded heart (no matter how hard we try).

2 Nephi 9:50-51 (Book of Mormon)
"Come my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.  hearken diligently unto me and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy one of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness."

No comments:

Post a Comment