Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Parable of the Cookie

One evening our little family ventured into the kitchen.  I buckled George into his chair and he was very upset (squirming and fighting against me).  No, we were not about to force-feed him peas, we were going to have chocolate chip cookies.  George loooooooves cookies.  Nate pulled out an oven mitt to get the fresh hot cookies out of the oven and he said (over the fussing), "George if you only knew what was coming to you."  Immediately I wondered how often Heavenly Father says the same thing to me..."If you just get in your seat I'm going to give you what you've always wanted...if you wait just a minute your huge blessings will be done cooking and I'll give you a glass of milk to go with it."

3 Nephi  14:9-11 (Book of Mormon)
"...if you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your father who is in heaven..."

No comments:

Post a Comment